I have never loved Korma and have always passed over it.But this recipe has given a new love for Korma’s.This very creamy and absolutely mouth watering dish is great with bread,Idiyappam,Idli you name it!Yumm!
1/2 kg chicken
1 tbsp gg paste
1 cup thick coconut milk
1 cup thin coconut milk(1/2 cup thick coconut milk+1/2 cup water)
1 cup ground coconut(optional,if need be ,add to thicken the gravy )
1 Bay leaf
4 green chillies
1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds & 10 cashews or
1 1/2 tsp cumin seed pwder
1 1/2 tsp fennel powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Grind all the TO GRIND ingredients into a coarse paste and set aside.
- In a cooker heat oil,add cinnamon,cloves,Elachi and Bay leaf saute for a minute.
- Add onions and sauté until tender
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 3-5 mins or until raw smell disappears.
- Add green chillies and tomatoes ,cook until well cooked.
- Add Chicken and allow to cook for 5- 10 minutes
- Add the thin milk and ground spice paste ,cover and cook for 10 minutes.Switch of the flame,allow pressure to escape.
- Add the thick milk and optional ground coconut,bring to boil and switch of the flame.
- Add coriander leaves to garnish.